Inquires’/Newcomers’/Confirmation Classes: These classes are tentatively scheduled to be held on Sunday evenings from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. beginning August 2. Each class will be divided into two sessions approximately an hour each. Between each session, there is a simple dinner (those participating in these classes should bring their own brown bag dinner). If you are new to St. John’s and wish to learn more about the parish and/or Anglicanism, or you are an “old timer” and want a refresher course, please join us for these important classes. These classes are also required for anyone desiring to be Confirmed or Received into the Anglican Church. There is a sign-up sheet in the parish hall.
The vestry has launched a Capital Fund Drive in order to accomplish the following: (1) complete a ramp project to make the nave and parish hall accessible to those who use a wheelchair as well as easier for others who have mobility issues; (2) install a columbarium to inter the ashes of our loved ones who have gone before us; (3) add to the Building Fund for ongoing maintenance and preservation of our buildings. If you have not done so already, please turn in your Capital Fund Drive pledge cards as soon as possible. There are extras in the back of the nave and in the parish hall. If you have any questions, see the posters in the parish hall or talk to any vestry member, Jimmy Henry, or Fr. Michael.
- Sunday School: The Adult Forum & Children/Youth Sunday School classes meet each Sunday at 9:15 a.m. The adult class is currently studying the Pentateuch (the first five Books of the Bible).
- Choir Practice: The choir practices every Sunday after the 10:30 a.m. Mass.
- Wednesday Evening Service: Holy Eucharist with Unction for Healing at 6:30 p.m. followed by a study on the History of the Church during the Middle Ages.
- Rally Day: Sunday, Sept. 13
- Vestry Meeting: Monthly meeting will be held on Sept. 20 at 12:15 p.m.
- Long Range Planning Committee: Monthly meeting will be held Sept. 27 at 12:15 p.m.