Last modified: April, 2018
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of our family of websites, including www.stjohnsbrownwood.com and any other website owned or operated by us, (collectively our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy also applies to information we collect:
- when you contact us by mail, telephone, e-mail, text or other electronic means.
- through our mobile applications (the “Application”).
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- when you support us through donations.
- when you otherwise access our products, programs and services or communicate with us.
Are Children Allowed to Use our Site?
If you are under 18, you may use the Website and/or Application only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Our Website and/or Application are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or register, make any purchases, or use any of the interactive or public comment features on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Do We Collect About You through our Website and How Do We Collect It?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you such as behavioral tracking information;
- About your usage on our Website, including shopping cart details; and/or
- Aggregate information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From ministry affiliates and third parties service provides.
What Information Do You Provide to Us through our Website?
The information we collect on or through our Website and/or Application may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and/or Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our Website or Application, registering to participate in a Ministry activity, requesting any of our subscriptions, posting material, and making a financial transaction, and may include when you enter a contest or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, including e-mail addresses.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order on our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website or Application.
- Information you provide to be posted on public areas of the Website or Application, or transmitted to other users of the Website or Application (collectively “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted at your own risk.
What Information Do We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies?
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Application, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique device ID, its IP address, operating system, and internet browser, and information the way you use the Application.
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Application.
Occasionally a user’s behavior within our family of websites will trigger an automated response or series of responses that is designed to help the user further engage with our ministry or ministries.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics like recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
What Information Do We Collect Offline?
When you contact us by mail, telephone, or other means to support us through donations, access our products, programs or services, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect:
- information by which you may be contacted, including mailing address, email address and telephone number;
- financial information provided in connection with your donations and purchases; and
- details of your donations and purchase transactions and other records of your involvement with us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to carry forward and manage our Ministry activities;
- to contact you by mail, telephone, email, text or other available communication channels for the purpose of processing, facilitating or confirming your donations and purchases, to inform you about our mission, our activities, products and services and provide you with further opportunities to support and partner with us;
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and notices about your account;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide it, and for any other purposes with your consent;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, and other ministry email and mail outreach;
- we may also use your information to contact you about third-parties’ ministry related goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements;
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
As a general rule, all information about our supporters and others who access our programs, products and services is held by us in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances, is not revealed to anyone else unless expressly or implicitly authorized by such individuals.
Notice Regarding Location of Records and Service Providers:
Electronic records for Saint John’s Church and any affiliates are maintained in the United States by Saint John’s Church. Saint John’s Church uses suppliers and service providers in the United States to perform services on its behalf. If you have questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers please contact our office at email@example.com.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates as described below,
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our ministry.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it,
- for any other purpose with your consent or disclosed by us when you provide the information,
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request,
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Saint John’s Church, our customers or others, as permitted by law;
- as otherwise permitted by law.
We offer our programs and services in a common mission with our international affiliates within the Episcopal Diocese of Ft. Worth. Personal information of users of our Website outside of Canada and the United States may, unless you request otherwise, be shared with our international affiliates if their activities are more closely matched to your needs and requirements.
What Choices Do You Have About How We Use and Disclose Your Information?
You do have choices about how we use and disclose your information. If you do not want your information used or shared in accordance with this notice:
- You can choose not to provide your information, even though it might be needed to make a donation, purchase or transaction, or to take advantage of some of our Website’s features.
- You may opt-out of all information collecting by the Application by easily uninstalling the Application.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other electronic communication from us you can:
- Click the “unsubscribe” or “take me off your mailing list” link at the bottom of any of our emails, or
- Call our church office at 325-646-7482, during normal business hours, and request to be removed from our email lists.
- If you do not want to receive mail and telephone contact from us, you can:
- Call our church office at 325-646-7482, during normal business hours, and request to be removed from our mailing list, or
- Email our church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do You Access and Correct Your Information?
If you would like to review and change your personal information, you may do so by:
- Signing in to your account and update your information by navigating to the “Update Profile” page and selecting the “Account Information” section on the Website; or
- Sending us an email at email@example.com.
To close your account, please make your request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
For any other requests to access or review your information, please contact email@example.com.
We have implemented measures to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored either on our secure servers behind firewalls or cloud storage provided by a third party hosting company. Any payment transactions will be encrypted during transition.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given or you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. And, we urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like Pray Together, comments sections or message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Inquiries and Complaints
Our office is accountable for the privacy practices of Saint John’s Church and our affiliates in our global ministry. If you have a complaint about our collection, use, management or disclosure of personal information, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
St. John’s Church
700 Main St.